The PROFINET-INspektor® NT is an important diagnostic tool for certification, commissioning and inspection of new installed PROFINET networks. Depending on the pre-defined trigger functions the events are registered in the PROFINET-INspektor® and summed up and stored per device. Hereby, the INspektor® detects quality values like network load, data throughput, refresh rate, telegram gaps and telegram jitter, that mirror the current status of communication quality. These parameters serve as commissioning and inspection criteria for new installations, but also as important information for maintenance and (remote) service.
New features of PROFINET-INspektor® NT
- Plain text PROFINET alarm evaluation via GSDML
- OPC UA Server can be activated
- Acceptance according to the PROFINET Design Guideline and Commissioning Guideline of PROFIBUS & PROFINET International
Independent analysis and evaluation of PROFINET real-time communication
- Topology determination incl. asset management
Detailed description and presentation of the PROFINET network
- Complete acceptance report with all relevant event information
- Representation of the PROmesh switches
Display of status-relevant port statistics and leakage currents
- Self-learning threshold values - Threshold values are automatically determined for alarming after the acceptance test
- Touch display that shows errors directly
- Jitter statistics for all devices
- Option to carry out active or passive network diagnosis
- Uninterrupted monitoring, even at high net load
- Synchronisation via time server
Security features of PROFINET-INspektor® NT
- Detects new and unknown devices in the network
- Registers unauthorized programming or manipulation of the controller
- Identifies even the smallest peak loads in resolving network loads exact to the millisecond
- Recognizes telegram manipulation based on an increased jitter
PROFINET INspektor® NT as continuous network monitor
A permanent analysis of the network status is essential to ensure the PROFINET communication clocked in real time or to overview the amount of extrinsic communication (e.g. Ethernet by camera systems and displays).Integration of the PROFINET-INspektor® into the PROFINET network
The PROFINET INspektor® NT is permanently integrated into the plant network and permanently monitors the logical telegram traffic during running production conditions. The plant operator knows the current status of the network at any time and is therefore able to initiate concrete countermeasures before the fieldbus fails and the plant comes to a standstill. An integration of the PROFINET INspektor® into the detection system is possible and useful for permanent monitoring.
Integrated web interface
Thanks to the PROFINET INspektor® NT embedded web server the network state can be displayed without any additional software on any PC with an internet browser. Via the potential-free contact a visual alerting can be setted.
The passive data collector PROFINET-INspektor® NT monitors permanently the logical data traffic and gives an alarm signal as soon as abnormalities appear – not just when shutdown occurs.
From the component to the system solution - our IIT portfolio in one brochure!
Technological coherences in detail that are based on the latest valid standards and guidelines